Electrical fire at St Ives shop

Mackenzie Price/The Sydney Newsdesk

Mackenzie Price/The Sydney Newsdesk

ST IVES — Stanley Street in St Ives was closed at around midday on Sunday after a small electrical fire was reported in a video rental store and a patisserie.

Rachel Petherbridge was in the video store at around midday on Sunday when her and her boyfriend noticed smoke pouring out of the air vents. No flames were sighted by Miss Petherbridge. Emergency services were quickly called to the scene.

On arrival, Stanley Street was closed as Fire and Rescue NSW investigated the source of the smoke.

The investigation from Fire and Rescue NSW revealed that the building had exposed wires that heated up the insulation between the two floors of the building, resulting in the smoke.

Thanks to Rachel Petherbridge for the news tip.